|Magical and mystical - Northern Lights with a touch of wilderness luxury!
The 2 or 3 nights Aurora Viewing are our most popular programs and give you a taste of the Wild, all the while being pampered in classic log built resort far away from any light pollution. Tagish Lake is oriented North-South and our viewing site is in the middle of the frozen lake from where you have unobscured views. Wrapped in blankets, in front of a crackling campfire and a hot cup of tea in your hands, you are waiting for the show to unfold. The 3-feet thick ice cracks under your feet and sometimes we hear the howling of the wolves reverberate from the mountain slopes...Ever imagined Northern Lights viewing can be this exciting?!
01 February - 10 April 2017, daily
- Panoramic skiplane flights from/to Whitehorse
- Private and intimate experience
- Northern Lights viewing in the middle of the wilderness
- Optional activities available for during the day
Day 1 – Arrival
The skiplane company will pick you up in your hotel in Whitehorse or at the airport. You will enjoy a 30-minute scenic flight over Yukons Winter Wonderland and will land on the frozen Tagish Lake, where your hosts already are awaiting you. Time to settle in your log cabin and to enjoy a hot cup of coffee and some homemade pastry. At night, we venture on to the frozen Tagish Lake and marvel at the Northern Lights. For your comfort, we have a campfire going in front of a traditional spruce shelter, hot beverages and thick blankets keep you warm until the spectacle unfolds.
Day 2 – Exploring the Wilderness
After a good night's sleep in your private log cabin, you enjoy a day of exploring the wilderness around you – by snowshoes or on foot, take a walk or try your luck with ice fishing. In the evening, our wood-heated sauna is a welcome treat. After dinner, you are ready for another Aurora adventure.
Optional activities (not included):
- half or full day dogsledding
- half or full day snowmobiling
Day 3 - Departure
The skiplane picks you up again for your return journey to Whitehorse. Departure flights should be planned no earlier than 11am.
Prices person in Canadian Dollars CAD, exclusive of 5% GST
3 days/2 nights, per person:
starting at CAD 1'370.00 (double occupancy)
solo traveller: CAD 2'100.00
4 days/3 nights, per person:
starting at CAD 1'650.00 (double occupancy)
solo traveller: starting at CAD 2'190.00
CAD 260.00 per person, including meals and equipment rental
snowmobiling, full day, CAD 250.00 per person (1 person per sled, min. 2) plus GST
dogmushing, half day, CAD 255.00 per person (min 2), plus GST
dogmushing, full day, CAD 330.00 per person plus GST (including trapper lunch and professional musher/guide with very well-trained dogs)
- The program is designed for a minimum of 2 participants. There are special itinerary options for single travelers. Please inquire for parties of 3 or more travellers.
- No dogmushing or wilderness experience is needed for this program. Standing on a dogsled is comparable with cross country skiing. We do however request that you fill in our health form prior to signing up for a tour, so we can make sure it suits your physical condition.
- Program and prices may change without prior notice. All activities are subject to weather conditions. No refund available for activities cancelled due to act of god.
- We recommend to purchase a travel/health insurance for your trip
- Please refer to our Terms and Conditions prior to booking. Also, please be aware that all of our guests are required to sign a liability waiver prior to arrival at the Lodge. You will receive the waiver form together with your booking confirmation. Thank you!