Your chance to experience dog sledding in the Yukon as captain of your own loyal dogteam!
Let us take you on the ride of your lifetime! Our friendly and very well trained dogs will accompany you through the vast Yukon wilderness on a 3-day escape, starting in Tagish. You'll be experiencing beautiful winter days in great company and excellent Northern Hospitality at Tagish Wilderness Lodge. Always right with you are professional musher Michelle Phillips and her team, making sure you enjoy every minute of this amazing trip out into the wild!
In the evenings, don't miss your chance to see the Northern Lights - with Tagish Lake being oriented North-South, you have the best view from the middle of the frozen lake, when the spectacle unfolds.
06 February - 10 April 2017, daily
- 3 days of dog sledding on and around Tagish Lake
- 1 person per sled - you drive your own team!
- 2:1 customer/guide ratio for an exclusive and private experience!
Day 1 - Meet the mushers at their Kennel in Tagish and gear up for the ride. You'll ride to the Lodge as a passenger in the dogsled, or standing on the runners with your musher. After a smooth 1 hour ride, you'll reach Tagish Wilderness Lodge, your home for the next couple of days. Enjoy a nature interpretive walk by your hosts to learn about life in he North. Don't miss to go out at night to marvel at the mystic Northern Lights, another unique winter experience in the Yukon!
Day 2 - Get your team ready for a day out in the wilderness. You'll drive across the lake to a remote camp spot, where you learn how to take care of your dogteam during an outing. Refreshed and strenghened by a hearty trapper's lunch, you'll head home where a warm shower and hot herbal sauna is waiting for you. Another chance for you to watch the spectacular Northern Lights unfold at night.
Day 3 - After breakfast, you slowly get ready for the ride home. You'll reach Tagish Lake Kennel late morning/early afternoon and say goodbye to your loyal huskies.
- Drive your own sled with Iditarod and Quest veteran dogs!
- Briefing and safety instructions by professional musher
- Guided dogsledding on all 3 days (transfer IN and OUT of the Lodge, plus 1 full day mushing)
- 2 overnights in a cozy log built cabin at Tagish Wilderness Lodge
- All meals while at the Lodge, afternoon snacks and trapper's lunch during the full day excursion
- Use of herbal sauna at Tagish Wilderness Lodge
- Travel to/from Tagish - Tagish Lake Kennel (shuttle transportation available at CAD 220.00 per trip and vehicle)
- Winter clothing - bring your own (ask us for a packlist) or book it with your trip!
- Personal insurance
- 5% Goods & Services Tax (GST)
Dog Sledding Weekend, per person:
starting at CAD 1150.00 plus tax
with transfers to/from Whitehorse:
CAD 1360.00 per person plus tax (double occupancy)
The program is designed for a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 participants.
If you have a moderate fitness level and a good feeling of balance, you will enjoy this tour. No dogmushing or wilderness experience is needed for this program. Standing on a dogsled is comparable with cross country skiing. We do however request that you fill in our health form prior to signing up for a tour, so we can make sure it suits your physical condition.
Program and prices may change without prior notice. All activities are subject to weather conditions. No refund available for activities cancelled due to act of god.
We recommend to purchase a travel/health insurance for your trip
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions prior to booking. Also, please be aware that all of our guests are required to sign a liability waiver prior to arrival. You will receive the waiver form together with your booking confirmation. Thank you!