The Best the Yukon has to offer - in one compact, all-inclusive package!
This program is ideal for you if you are on a limited time budget yet want to experience as much of the Winter in the Yukon as possible. Starting with skiplane flights from Whitehorse, our winter sampler offers just that - a little bit of everything, activities combined with relaxing and topped with a stay in a unique remote wilderness resort, great food, great stories and lots of winter wonderland!
5 days/4 nights
06 February - April 10 2016, daily
- Panoramic skiplane flights from/to Whitehorse
- All-inclusive winter experience - with dogsledding, snowmobiling, aurora viewing!
- Overnight in classic log cabins
- All activities start right at your doorstep!
Day 1 - Arrival and transfer to Tagish Wilderness Lodge
You will be picked up at the hotel late morning or at the airport upon arrival in Whitehorse and shuttled to the skiplane departure gate. A special treat awaits you in the form of a beautiful panoramic flight from Whitehorse to the remote Lodge, where you land on the frozen lake. The remainder of the day is to relax and get settled for the following days at your wilderness getaway.
Day 2 - Dogsledding adventure
In the morning, you will meet the mushers and their dogs and go on a tour with them. If you are comfortable, you can even ride your own sled or share one witht he musher and spend some time sitting in the sled as a passenger, enjoying the landscape passing by. You'll stop for lunch in the middle of the wilderness and prepare a hearty trapper meal for you and provide the dogs some rest and food as well. In the evening, you may want to relax in our wood-heated sauna.
Day 3 - Snowmobiling
The Skidoos are many Yukoner's mean of Transport number 1 during winter time. Today's trip brings you further into the wild backcountry, enjoying a speedy ride over the pristine frozen lake. On the way, you will enjoy an outdoor meal around a campfire, like the first trappers and prospectors did more than 100 years ago.
Day 4 - Snowshoeing or other activity on the lake and around Lodge
Today, you may want to relax and enjoy the surroundings of the deeply frozen Tagish Lake, or take part in another soft activity, such as the popular ice fishing, an easy winter hike on your self-made snowshoes or an active tour on cross-country skis. At night, if luck is on your side, you may be able to marvel at the mystic Northern Lights, Aurora Borealis. Sitting around a sparkling campfire and protected by a trapper tent, you wait for these fascinating nature phenomenon – at ideal conditions, the Northern Lights span over the whole lake towards the north.
Day 5 - Departure for Whitehorse
Transfer by skiplane back to Whitehorse. A scenic 30-minute flight takes you from the lodge directly back to Whitehorse – only the ride on a skiplane makes your Yukon vacation complete!
- Return skiplane flight from/to Whitehorse, 30min per way, panoramic flight
- 4 overnights in private log cabin including bedding (warm down duvets), towels, amenities, firewood
- All meals including afternoon snack
- Use of (shared) showers, wood heated herbal sauna and self-serve herbal wellness options
- Guided nature interpretive walk
- Activity Package: 1 day dogsledding, 1 day snowmobiling, 1 guided snowshoe hike OR guided ice fishing
- Northern Lights viewing
- Rental of heavy duty winter equipment (parka, snowpants, boots, mitten, tuque)
Alcoholic beverages (the Lodge is licensed)
5% Goods & Services Tax (GST)
Prices per person in Canadian Dollars CAD, exclusive of 5% GST
4 nights Winter Sampler Package
per person: CAD 2695.00 (double occupancy)
solo traveller: CAD 3815.00
additional night, per person: CAD 260.00 - including equipment and meals
additonal activities can be booked as well!
- The program is designed for a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 participants.
- If you have a moderate fitness level and a good feeling of balance, you will enjoy this tour. No dogmushing or wilderness experience is needed for this program. Standing on a dogsled is comparable with cross country skiing. We do however request that you fill in our health form prior to signing up for a tour, so we can make sure it suits your physical condition.
- Program and prices may change without prior notice. All activities are subject to weather conditions. No refund available for activities cancelled due to act of god.
- We recommend to purchase a travel/health insurance for your trip
- Please refer to our Terms and Conditions prior to booking. Also, please be aware that all of our guests are required to sign a liability waiver prior to arrival at the Lodge. You will receive the waiver form together with your booking confirmation. Thank you!