Let us take care of your memorable Yukon Winter Experience!
taylored by you
our unique tours and experiences are set up to show you the best of Yukon's Winter Wonderland. We offer a choice of different winter tours and programs to satisfy your hunger for adventure but also your need for quietness and relaxation. You can join us on a dogsledding expedition, an exhilirationg snowmobile ride or for a few quiet Aurora Viewing days. We are also happy to customize a program just for you. Whatever activity you choose, we make sure your experience is unique.
delivered by experts
from dogmushing to nature interpretation to wilderness camping - you get everything from the experts. Yukon Winter Adventures is run by Tagish Lake Kennel Professional DogTeam and Tagish Wilderness Lodge, your home base in the middle of the Yukon Wilderness. We have pooled our knowledge and expertise in our respective fields of dogsledding, wilderness guiding and hospitality to offer you an exclusive program, a memorable Yukon winter vacation!
small and intimate
with Yukon Winter Adventures, you get to be part of our small family. Small excursion groups of maximum 4 people and one guide for only 2 people guarantee you a maximum of attention. You can listen to the many stories we love to share about running dogs, the wilderness lifestyle and our resident wildlife. Or, you can retreat to the privacy of your cozy log cabin and read a book by the crackling woodstove.
...about our dogs, first and foremost: from three-legged to one-eyed, every dog finds a place in our yard and, more importantly, in our hearts. Our mushers exercise excellent and award winning dog care. Michelle Phillips and Ed Hopkins raise and train their dogteams with great passion and care, from puppyhood to retirement. They have done so for a combined 45 years now and their kennel is full of energetic, friendly and loyal canine athletes. Our dogs are our family.
..about your safety:
all our guides are certified in first aid. Our multi day dogsledding tours have skidoo support at all times. We carry SPOT and VHF radios for day tours and sat phones for expeditions.
...about the quality of your experience:
- we determine the level of activity according to your abilities and interest
- we offer a 2:1 customer/guide ration
- during your dogsled tours you'll have your own team
- if you feel more comfortable sitting in the sled as a passenger, you are most welcome to do so and we will provide sleeping bags and blankets to keep you warm
- we provide heavy duty winter equipment for your comfort during an active outdoor day
- we can cater to special dietary needs, please let us know in advance!
...about the environment:
- Both Tagish Lake Kennel and Tagish Wilderness Lodge are members of the Wilderness Tourism Association of the Yukon, following their code of ethics and "leave no trace" policy.