|Meet the Arctic fox and the muskoxen and get up close and personal with Yukon's diverse wildlife! powered by Taiga Journeys
The Wildlife Preserve invites you to explore creatures that make the Yukon their home. Get close up to the slender Arctic fox, the elusive Lynx and the almost prehistoric looking muskoxen. This private driving tour provides ample opportunity to view a variety of northern mammals and their distinctive habitats. Your knowledgeable guide will stop the van to allow you to get off and view the animals. Bring your camera!
If you have a half day to spare in Whitehorse, this is a great way to explore more of the Yukon and get a chance to chat with a local expert!
- Unique wildlife viewing opportunity
- Great wildlife photography
- Very knowledgeable nature guide
Noon pick – up by Taiga Journeys at your hotel. Drive to the Wildlife Preserve (30km). Guided van tour through the preserve. We will take enough time to observe the Yukon mammals in their spacious natural enclosures. Drive back to town.
Trip duration 3-4 hours
About your guide
Andrea Altherr runs her own tour company Taiga Journeys based in Whitehorse. Andrea, specialized in nature interpretation, will guide only small groups to guarantee your special Yukon experience. A trip with Taiga Journeys will lead to a special corner of the Yukon and will make your trip to a journey into your mind to rejuvenate your spirit and to nourish your soul.
Prices per person in Canadian Dollars CAD, exclusive of 5% GST
Half day Wildlife Preserve
CAD 150.00, min. 2 participants (please inquire for 1 or more than 2 participants)
- This program is carried out by our trusted partner Taiga Journeys, a well experienced and well established yet small company for all things nature and wildlife.
- The program is designed for a minimum of 2 and a maxium of 4 participants. Please inquire about prices for parties of 3 or more travellers, as well as for single travellers.
- Upon request, this tour can be modified into a waking tour through the Wildlife Preserve (instead of driving). Driving to/from Whitehorse remains the same.
- Program and prices may change without prior notice. All activities are subject to weather conditions. No refund available for activities cancelled due to act of god.
- We recommend to purchase a travel/health insurance for your trip.
- Please refer to our Terms and Conditions prior to booking. Also, please be aware that all of our guests are required to sign a liability waiver prior to arrival at the Lodge. You will receive the waiver form together with your booking confirmation. Thank you!